• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Monday, July 1, 2013

Blog Ketchup

 Get it? Ketchup? Catch up?
I know what y'all must be thinking: "Oh em gee, Kate, it has been so long since you have blogged! How am I to keep on living without regular doses of your wit and updates on your whereabouts?"

Well, I'm sorry. And I'm flattered. And, frankly, a little freaked out. I mean, it's just a blog for heaven's sake. And look at that picture. It's of ketchup. Don't you have anything better to do with your spare time? (Just kidding!)

On Thursday I had a job interview in Louisville, and the interviewer asked what I did in my spare time, and I said "Go to weddings." This may or may not have been the most appropriate answer for a job interview, but it was nothing if not accurate. (I have also missed a few weddings lately, which saddens me greatly and furthers my anger toward all the scientists who have not yet invented teleportation and time travel.)

Going to weddings, catching up with friends, and starting to apply for jobs are basically the only things of note that I've done since coming home a month ago. I've also been chewing on some blog post ideas and then failing to follow through with them. I've decided to provide a list of the posts on tap both (a) to pique your interest and (b) to motivate myself to start or finish them.

Pending/potential posts: 

1. On leaving Columbia

I frequently find myself writing this post in my head while driving, but I don't know if I have the emotional capacity to type it all out yet. If you haven't heard, I've decided to stay in Kentucky. I have peace about the decision. But I didn't get real goodbyes in Missouri, and I didn't get to say thank you as much as I should have.

Make it stop, Miley.
2. Recent weddings

Basically an excuse to post pictures of fun times with all the friends I miss so dearly.

3. Glamour & Grammar & Miley Cyrus

The way Miley Cyrus has been using pronouns recently is almost as interesting/disturbing as the way she's been wearing her hair recently. (Also, it's been too long since I've written a Glamour & Grammar post.)

4. My fave podcast

A few months ago I started listening to a life-changing podcast, and I've been wanting to blog about it this whole time. BUT the list of things I want to say about it keeps getting longer as I work my way through more and more old episodes. I'm not even going to tell y'all the name of the podcast right now (though most of you who know me in real life have already heard me talk about it). I want to make you wait to listen to it until I can preface it with the intro it deserves.

5. ABC Family dramas
ABC Family, where the teenagers are beautiful,
unnaturally articulate, and prone to terrible decisions.  

I'm not sure whether this deserves its own blog post, but as I have mentioned before, I have a thing for ABC Family shows, and there is a new one that I like.

6. The Bachelorette

I'm almost done with a post about The Bachelorette. Go ahead and get excited.

7. Job interviews & first dates

I know that first dates are not supposed to feel like job interviews, but — let's be honest — job interviews feel a lot like first dates. Upon leaving that Thursday interview, I started making a mental list of the similarities between the two. (Example: Both require me to try far too many combinations of the items in my closet. Also, both make me unreasonably sweaty nervous.) You will get to read said list once I flesh it out.

8. Job search in general

I have some other thoughts about job searching/being a grown-up/this thing called the in-between.

9. Running

Maybe just a little update on the progress of my legs and my running.

Also,

I need to update my blog header. I am no longer a graduate student, so obviously I need to scratch that out. Maybe I'm just dawdling because "Musings & general excitement of a 20-something wastrel" sounds terrible.

Anything else I should write about? I'm open to requests.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, blog post! I'm going to need to know about the podcast because podcasts are what get me through my long drives, and I've got a few coming up.


    Also, if you wind up getting a job in Louisville, you should potentially talk to Jamie Tulenko about housing depending on when you would move (and if you would even be interested in living with them). She lives in a rented house with 3 other girls. One of her roommates (also, my old roommate) is getting married in the Fall. I'm not sure if they know what their plans are, but just thought I'd let you know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, thanks for letting me know! I will definitely get in contact with Jamie if I get a job in Louisville.

    I will Facebook message you the name of the podcast so that you'll have it before your road trips (in case I haven't blogged about it by then)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to help, and thanks for the podcast info!

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...