• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Sound of Sanity

This week has felt like neither spring nor break. It has been comforting to be home and see family, but my days have been devoted to research, not relaxation. I'm experiencing a new level of anxiety as I try to wrap up my research project and my professional project this semester.

I thought I'd share the Spotify playlist that's helping me maintain some semblance of sanity. It's a mixture of the old faves that got me through college and the new faves that I've played on repeat during the most wearying weeks of grad school.

It's 40+ songs that remind me that grad school is not that important, that I will live, that God is in control. Robbie Seay Band, Jimmy Needham, Audrey Assad, Needtobreathe, Shane & Shane, etc. This list is ever growing, so feel free to share other songs that belong on here!

7 comments:

  1. I am PUMPED about this. Feeling totally overwhelmed right now with the next six weeks of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever listened to Sojourn's music? "There is a Peace" by Sojourn is one of my favorites when I'm feeling stressed. Look up that song on spotify. It's great. Here's a random youtube video I just found of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BD-n_zF5U


    Also, you have good taste in music. NEEDTOBREATHE and Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors are coming to Louisville soon. My roommate and I are going, and I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check that song out! I saw Needtobreathe a couple of years ago. They were AMAZING! I would love to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added it to this playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about seeing them. I've been a fan for a while, but this will be my first time to see them in concert. My dad and youngest sister saw them in MS back in Oct. and bragged about it for days.

    Glad you added that song to your playlist! It's wonderful. Sojourn has some great stuff. I love going to a church with such talented musicians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've commented on this post multiple times already, but I just wanted to let you know that this playlist has been my sanity today as I finished a paper. Kept me calm. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Yay for finishing a paper! Best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...