• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life in Catfish Forms

Your Catfish Friend
by Richard Brautigan

If I were to live my life
in catfish forms
in scaffolds of skin and whiskers
at the bottom of a pond
and you were to come by
     one evening 
when the moon was shining 
down into my dark home 
and stand there at the edge
     of my affection
and think, "It's beautiful here
by this pond. I wish
     somebody loved me,"
I'd love you and be your catfish
friend and drive such lonely 
thoughts from your mind 
and suddenly you would be 
     at peace, 
and ask yourself, "I wonder 
if there are any catfish 
in this pond? It seems like
a perfect place for them."

In case you have ever wondered, this is my favorite poem.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but I'm really surprised your favorite poem is from Richard Brautigan! He's great.
    Great choice.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...