• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Adventures in Bowling Green

Took a day trip to visit best friend Brooke (¡y su esposo!) in Bowling Green on Tuesday! It had been way too long since I'd seen her! She's a teacher (¡de español!), so she has whole the summer off. (Sidenote: Why didn't I take that into consideration when choosing a major? Is it too late to change careers? Just kidding. SORT OF.)

We decided to spend the day completing three items from Brooke's 50-strong summer bucket list: go geocaching, pot a plant, and go to Barnes & Noble. Here are some pics from our adventures:

Brooke with our first geocaching find! And, okay, it was our only find. BUT STILL.
If you do not know what geocaching is, you are a muggle

After geocaching we potted a zinnia, shared a giant/delicious frappuccino, and read mags in Barnes & Noble. (Okay, I read mags. Brooke read a giant book about Madonna.)

Brooke's brother and sister-in-law had us over for din, and afterward we played Spanish scrabble, which I lost. But seriously at one point I was only like two letters away from being able to spell "crepúsculo." Crepúsculo, you guys — one of those super random Spanish words that I pride myself on knowing. ¡Hasta la próxima, you know!


Brooke and Jill (who were friends from college and now live in the same apartment complex — sweet set-up) and I also went for a late-night donut and geocaching run! We found the donuts. We did not find the last geocache. But it was lovely outside, and we successfully avoided the fog zombies, so I'm calling it a successful trip. 

Had so much fun with these friends and cannot wait to see them again during Kristina's wedding festivities!

3 comments:

  1. If I had to choose, I'd rather find donuts than I geocache. :)

    The only geocache I've ever found was in a film canister, too, so I feel real kinship toward y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, maybe we should put donuts IN a geocache. Might get a little moldy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crepusculo is a great word. With or without Edward & Bella.

    Looking forward to seeing what other creative things you do this summer. It will inspire me to do them as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...