• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Monday, April 18, 2011

You are 16 going on 17; fellows will fall in line.


When I was little, I thought this was the most romantic scene in just about any movie. I totally thought that I would fall in love by the time I was 16, and I totally thought that 17-year-old boys were as mature and adorbs (and inclined to verbalize their feelings) as Rolfe. 

Found out yesterday that Liesl and Rolfe were actually 23 and 22 when The Sound of Music came out. No wonder my childhood dreams of teenage love were unrealistic.

I should prob quit taking romantic cues from Nazis.

3 comments:

  1. That last sentence: genius! positively genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in love with this scene as well! Also, that last sentence made me laugh out loud. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scene gave me unrealistic expectations about the aerodynamics of frothy pink dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...