• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Monday, March 28, 2011

It all ends 7.15

The release date for the final Harry Potter movie somehow feels like the finish line of my childhood.


I've always been the same age as Harry. We've grown up together.

In the next five months, I will turn 22 and graduate from college and move eight hours from home. And I'll watch the last HP movie—the final installment in the seven-book, eight-movie story that has unfolded alongside my own life.

And I think I feel the same way about the movie that I do about growing up.
Excited, yes, but also sad.

8 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm so excited! And yet, so, so sad. I have the same story about growing up with Harry. Do you realize that the final book came out when we were graduating high school and now the final movie is coming out when we're graduating college?? Talk about milestones and leaving behind childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I hadn't realized that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm totally going to cry when it ends. i love harry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excited, but also sad. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're from Lexington!? My parents went to UK, so I grew up a Wildcats fan... and then I went to a small university that doesn't even have a football team (UNCW) so my loyalty remained! :)

    And don't judge me, but I have never read a single Harry Potter book OR watched one of the movies! I know, I'm not a real person...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so heartbreaking. I've always been anticipating something new with HP; whether it be a new book or movie.

    I have no idea what i'm going to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone needs to buy Lord Voldemort a nail clipper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @MC I read that, "Someone needs to buy a Lord Voldemort nail clipper." I was like, "They make Voldemort beauty products!?"

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...