• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In want of Mr. Darcy


"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single girl in possession of her right mind must be in want of Mr. Darcy." 


Oh, my goodness. I finished reading Pride and Prejudice today for the first time, and I am in love.


I've seen the 2005 movie several times, so I knew the general plot and ending, but I still could not put the book down! 


In the book, Wickham is more detestable, Jane more endearing, Elizabeth more relatable, Collins more ridiculous, Darcy more desirable, etc.


The whole time I was reading, I was hoping Mr. Darcy would pop up again. Elizabeth's interactions with Darcy punctuated the whole book for me. 


My fave scene in the movie! Love when she sees him walking towards her in the field!


I've repeatedly been told to watch the 1995 BBC version, so I'm beginning that one tonight! Can't wait to fall in love with Mr. Darcy all over again. (Though I may have trouble hating him at the beginning as I'm supposed to...)

10 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes! Although my heart of hearts loves the Keira version, you must watch the '95 version, it's absolutely wonderful. And detailed!

    I need to reread P&P! You should def read Sense and Sensibility next--if you haven't already--it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this yet, but want to so so much. Great post:)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't read the book yet but it is on my list and this post may have just bumped it up higher...thank you!
    i am too in want of mr. darcy!
    xoxo, jamie

    jamiemjenkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog... you have a new follower! I know exactly what you mean about waiting for Darcy to pop up again in the book... the first time I read it I felt like the parts without him seemed to drag on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sara-Jane: I haven't read Sense and Sensibility yet, so I will start it soon! P&P was the first JA book I've read!

    @Maddi & Jamie Marie: I highly recommend it! So good.

    @Cait: Yay, thanks for the follow! You have a new follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OBSESSED with the book, the movie, mr. darcy, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The books always seem to be better than the movies. You just get painted such a larger picture when you are reading it for yourself.

    I've always wanted to read this book, and after hearing about what you thought, I think I will.

    Cute blog! following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this book. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this book and film. Mr.Darcy is awesome. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about Mr. darcy....i am addicted to book and in my 22 years of life i read lots of books. but i never falling love with anyone who living in books. years ago i start reading English classical . after reading the P&P first time i falling love with Mr. Darcy.....i wonder becuse i still love with him <3 <3

    P&P Forever
    Thats my only one wish...

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...