• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another birthday

Liz, you are twenty-one, alright,
but I fear my birthday poems are sounding quite trite,
because after this one, this one, and this one, my heavens,
and a fourth, and a fifth, and a sixth, and a seventh,

they're all starting to sound the same.

So I have decided to go a new route:
one that is less poetry and more vocab.

This new route is called,

A Series of Photos 
Each With a Vocab Word Describing Not Only That Photo But Also Our Relationship


comely |ˈkəmlē|adjective ( -lier -liest )(typically of a womanpleasant to look at; attractive.• agreeable; suitable.


outlandish |outˈlandi sh |adjectivelooking or sounding bizarre or unfamiliar outlandish brightly colored clothes the most outlandish ideas.archaic foreign; alien.


saucy |ˈsôsē|adjective ( -cier -ciest ) informalimpudent; flippant a saucy remark.bold and lively; smart-looking a hat with a saucy brim.3 suggestive, typically in a way intended to be lighthearted saucy songs.



snug |snəg|adjective ( snugger snuggest )comfortablewarmand cozy; well protected from the weather or cold she was safe and snug in Ruth's arms a snug cottage.


mellifluous |məˈlifloōəs|adjective(of a voice or words) sweet or musical; pleasant to hear the voice was mellifluous and smooth.


gauche |gō sh |adjectivelacking ease or grace; unsophisticated and socially awkward.


wondrous |ˈwəndrəs|adjective poetic/literaryinspiring a feeling of wonder or delight; marvelous this wondrous city.

Happy birthday, Liz. I love you.


Oh, also, this ad came up on my Facebook today, and I screen-captured it specifically for you. 


I know, right!? Even the Facebook ad people were celebrating your birthday.

3 comments:

  1. love it. kate, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard. Thank you. I love you. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially the awkward arm one. I love. LOVE. the our awkward arms. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...