• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Monday, January 25, 2010

Make-Me-Happy Mondays

What makes me happy this Monday is birthday girl Taylor!

Here is a (ridiculous and rhyming) poem in her honor:

Taylor, I don't know what I would do without thee
Except be bored and significantly less happy

It's hard to believe you're twenty-one
It seems just yesterday we sat in your room and had fun
Oh, wait, that was yesterday, but your age is still shocking
Your glorious curls are always shiny and rocking

I accidentally typed "girls" in that line rather than "curls"
So it sounded quite sketchy...like...psychopath squirrels (?)

Your devotion to things truly makes me marvel
Gossip Girl, Twilight, Dollhouse, and Smallville

Perhaps "marvel" and "Smallville" do not rhyme, but, alas,
I lack your rhetoric and your bodacious...vocabulary

I had such fun with you in Tennessee
Sleeping, going to Target, and drinking Pal's tea
You helped me get through biology lab
When I really just wanted to give all the frogs a good stab

I cannot believe that was freshman year
and that we didn't know each other when we first got here

I thought you were pretty the first time I saw you, though!
Yes, of Jessica Alba, you reminded me so

You soon became one of my dearest friends
on campus
, nay, the planet
And in so many situations you have helped me keep my sanit-y
Together we've conquered papers, assignments, and tests galore
Without your friendship, I would have collapsed on the floor

Words cannot capture your importance to me
Just know I love everything about you
Congrats on being one-and-twenty!

5 comments:

  1. Aww! That was an awesome poem thing! And her birthdays on national bubblewrap day... I didn't ship some in time for her to celebrate that... but theres always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, my darling, I love this poem so!
    But I love you even more, cause you's my hoe.

    Or something. *is embarrassed*

    I love you girl! You are precious, and sweet, and wonderful! I'm SO glad we're friends. You make me happy, grey skies or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve achieved excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...