• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dear Gaspard Ulliel,

I know we don't know each other, but I think you are just darling
–that you have a certain je ne sais pas
and that you should move right on over to America.
The only thing I will be able to say to you in your native language is
je t'aime,
but I will say that a lot.

Actually, I can also throw around such terms as

rendez-vous

au contraire

and genre

potpourri, voilà, and encore.

(Oh, and I also know a few lines from "Lady Marmalade," but I will refrain from repeating those.)

images via here and here

I will give you a tour of America, s’il vous plaît.
Okay? Okay.

A très bientôt j’espère.

6 comments:

  1. kate you are hilarious. i think this is one of my most favorite blogs you have ever written

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could say to him: "Gaspard. Nous sommes deux âmes qui sont destinées á se rencontrer. Viens me voir, mon amour, et je promais que je t'apprendrais une ou deux phrases en Englais que tu n'oublieras jamais, cheri."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks, Lauren!

    Okay, wait, Marie, I am really proud of myself because I think I can translate that without even looking anything up.

    "Gaspard. We are two loves that are destined to be together. Come with me, my love, and I promise that I will teach you one or two phrases in English that you would something, something.

    Right, right? Am I right? I feel like I should know what "cheri" means because of that Stevie Wonder song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed.

    "Gaspard. We are two souls destined to meet. Come see me, my love, and I promise I'll teach you a couple phrases in english that you'll NEVER forget, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blog. And Marie's contribution. Also, I'm pretty sure you can say 'fiance' as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...