• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Friday, November 27, 2009

I am T-Pain.

Okay, obviously, I'm not.
But I did play with the much-talked-about "I am T-Pain" iPhone app for like two hours with Brooke on Wednesday night and did not want to put it down!

Basically it just takes your voice and auto-tunes it. Auto-tune was developed originally to correct the vocals of people like Ashlee Simpson who can't really sing but are singers anyway. T-Pain is famous because he was one of the first people (alongside Cher, of course – "Believe," anyone?) to use auto-tune to distort voices and make them kind of mechanical and able to hit waaay too many notes.

If you have not yet experienced the wonders of auto-tune, I bring you a couple of videos.

(Pardon a little language in this one.)


Even if you don't like Kanye, just wait out the first 40 seconds or so and see Charlie and Harry get auto-tuned!

The problem is that I keep getting these auto-tuned songs stuck in my head. For the record, it is very hard to hit like twelve notes that span three octaves in one syllable. (Not that I normally hit all the notes.)

2 comments:

  1. wow, Kate. I love those videos and those songs are totally stuck in my head now... haha it's the smoke, the smoke...ouch charlie.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...