• pic1
  • pic2
  • pic3
  • pic4
  • pic5
  • pic6
  • pic7
  • pic8
  • pic9
  • pic10

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tonight's menu: salmon, asparagus, corn on the cob, electrocution.

I, being the brilliant person that I am, did something moronic today.

I was using a TENS unit, or a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation unit, which my physical therapist lent to me a few weeks ago to block pain messages from my legs to my brain by sending my brain electricity messages instead. If I understand correctly, muscles can develop "muscle memory" and automatically send pain signals to your brain when they do motions that have often caused them pain. A TENS unit is supposed to override those signals and break muscle memory. 















Today, I was sitting at the dining room table eating dinner with my family with my TENS unit on my left leg. All of a sudden, one of the four sticky electrodes unstuck itself from my leg and landed on/stuck itself to the carpet. I've never had an electrode unstick itself from me before. 

Here comes my stupidity. I picked up the electrode to try to reattach it to my leg. Let me just tell you that legs can handle more electricity than fingers can. 

Whenever I turn the electricity too high on my leg, it starts twitching, and my fingers did the same thing. They started twitching when I grabbed the electrode! I couldn't control them, but the thing was–duh–stuck to my fingers! Then, out of instinct, I guess, I tried to grab it off with my other hand, but then both my hands were twitching and uncontrollable and stuck to the electrode. It soon fell off, and I turned off the TENS unit before picking it up again and sticking it back on my leg. 

I then resumed eating my corn on the cob and felt dumb. 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha omgsh kate. You Are Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, it honestly just made me laugh out loud and smile. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.

    ReplyDelete

Please and thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...